Powr

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gordyville USA

A few years ago I had the distinct honor of being invited to Central Illinois to announce an indoor tractor pull.  I truly did not know what to expect from the event but knew the folks that I would be working with and decided it would be a good opportunity for me.  Enter Gordyville USA!  In the small town of Gifford, Illinois rests an unknown building to many; this building has become one of pulling most traveled to venues due in part to hard work and efforts of Whats Smokin Promo
tions!
 
Pulling at Gordyville occurs in the winter when the conditions outside can be some of the most brutal faced in the Midwest.  In 2009, the wind chill outside while we were pulling inside reached -33 degrees.  It was cold outside but the show went on and the stands were packed for the weekend’s events.  When I was asked to announce Gordyville, I had already had the chance to work with Whats Smokin Promotions at Duquoin for the Southern Illinois shows.  Working these shows truly allowed me to grow as an announcer, see numerous classes that I didn’t see on the national circuit and refine my knowledge of the tractors that were competing.  I loved the variety of classes and from the moment that I stepped foot at Gordyville USA, I was hooked.  

In just two short weeks the building will be filled and the event will be under way.  The class line up’s look amazing with vehicles from across the Midwest and East traveling in for the three day weekend.  In previous years at Gordyville, I have had the privilege of announcing with the Bulldog Art Downs and Stacey Butson, but in 2012 there will be a new voice at Gordyville that I truly can’t wait to introduce to a What’s Smokin Show!  

If you are looking for a way to jump start the 2012 pulling season, look no further than the Midwest Winternationals January 5th-7th in Gifford, Illinois.  More information on the event, class line ups and rules can be found at www.whatssmokin.net

The above photo was produced by Dion Bliss and Red Haw Supply, the official merchandise provider for the Midwest Winter Nationals.  The awesome graphics will be featured on the 2012 souvenir shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment